Friday, June 21, 2013

DIFFERENT SPICE

Day before yesterday, I was INSPIRED by the lovely Ree Drummond (author of The Pioneer Cookbooks) to create a list of 15 ways my husband and I are different.  If you aren't acquainted with this amazing lady, do yourself a favor and make friends with her.  She is on facebook and other cool places (like Good Morning, America!) Her cookbooks are treasure keepers that offer so much more than good (and easy) recipes.  (Thank you, Anna Mo, for introducing me to Ree and for consistent inspiration in general)

Before I share my differences list, I must tell you that Ree has a pet name for her husband. This idea makes me gah gah.  It leaves me wondering why  I haven't yet cooked up a name for "my man". (we've been married 30 years!)   The thing is:  my friend, Greta, already uses THE BOSS for her man. Even though that name is soooo fitting for my guy,  I refuse to copy.  The other (honest) thing is:  the names I call my husband don't really reflect my never ending love and admiration for him.  I marvel at our differences.  It's just that  sometimes  they make me crazy and I blurt out unnecessary possibilities that I would rather not put in writing.  (I have tried calling him "LUCKY" a few times but it hasn't really stuck).

At first, I thought jotting down 15 differences between my husband and I  would be a cinch.  As it turned out, it was a  bit of a challenge.  But then, later in the day, more differences just popped in to my head.  And that's the thing about being inspired:  It's like your  head is filled with CRAZY GOOD dance moves.  All those good moves are set to music that you hope never ends.  And if does end, you are able to locate the repeat peat peat peat peat button.  I've come to the conclusion that I am addicted to inspiration. (is that even possible?).

ANYWAY.

Before I start with my list  let me tell you that my husbands name is Tim.  My name is Carol.  So, on the list, he is "T" and I am "C".  (And THINK about THIS: our last name is Pearson.  This fact  makes him T.P. .  He does not think this is funny.  I do.  SEE?)

15 Ways We're Different (my hubby and I) 

T: Methodical
C: Random

T: Patient
C: Snap! Snap!

T: Serious
C: Silly

T: Athletic
C: Creative

T: Runs on time if not early
C: Tends to be tardy

T: Skeptical
C: Trusting

T: Fears cookie dough
C: Eats cookie dough every time.  (Miracle! I am disease free)

T: Can read even when dog tired
C:  Falls asleep reading.  Sometimes before a paragraph is finished

T: Doesn't like surprises
C: Loves them

T: Likes making do
C: Desires luxury and extravagance

T: Ice-Cream
C: Donut

T: Doesn't wear cologne
C: Feels naked without a mist of "Heaven" by GAP

T: Can find car keys
C: Can't

T: Wants vegies at every meal
C: Wants Carbs FOR every meal

Tah Dah!  Wasn't that fun?  You should do a list.  I am thinking about doing a list of ways we are the same.  Or maybe a catalog of possible "pet" names for Tim.  As it is, the only names I call him regularly (like when I can't find my keys) don't suggest sweet romance.  Ahhh, homework assignment.  

Oh.
One more thing.  The differences that popped into my head after the official mission was complete:  T wants less and I want more (this is in particular reference to my current desire for a "retro" camp trailer.  He is so practical...I am not).   T is a spreader and  I am a stacker.  (this is in reference to how we conduct paperwork activities but is not limited to such business.  It is also how he keeps track of ALL of this things.  Spreading drives me crazy and is way worse than stacking)  T likes dogs and I prefer cats.  (need I mention that we have 2 inside the house dogs and zero cats??). Finally:   T likes dumb movies and I only like good ones.

Could it be our differences that keep things spicy?  (and what if I want sweet instead?  huh?)

THANK YOU, Ree Drummond for the inspiration.  I adore you.  My husband can't wait for me to cook more of your recipes! 








1 comment:

  1. I love EVERYTHING about this post!
    You inspired me to create my own list!
    How fun:)

    ReplyDelete